- Jake Adelstein, author of Tokyo Vice.
- Jamie El Banna, founder of Ishinomaki charity It's Not Just Mud.
- Philip Brasor, freelance writer with a regular column at the Japan Times.
- Orlando Camargo, senior advisor at Ogilvy & Mather Japan and Re-Imagining Japan.
- Michael Cucek, writer of Shisaku, a blog on Japanese politics.
- Kiyoshi Kurokawa (with Hiromi Murakami) head of the independent parliamentary committee to investigate the Fukushima nuclear accident.
- Richard Smart, journalist.
- Nathalie Kyoko Stucky, journalist.
- Hiroko Tabuchi, reporter for the New York Times.
Aided and abetted in the editing and PR departments by Sandra Barron, a Japan hand with her editing finger on Japan Pulse; Dan Ryan, Quakebook editor and blogger; and yours truly, the least qualified to be to be leading such talented troops over the top. But it's an honour.